The New Two-Day Mid Penn Plunge provides an opportunity for competition for girls and boys from all Mid Penn Conference High Schools that don’t participate in the Mid Penn Swimming Championships.
Friday, February 15th (5:30 PM) & Saturday, February 16th (10 AM)
We are pleased to invite you to the New Two-Day Mid Penn Plunge. The Plunge provides a competition opportunity for swimmers from all Mid Penn Conference High Schools (“swim schools”) who do not participate in the Mid Penn Championship Swimming Meet (athletes may dive at Mid Penns and swim at the Plunge) and from area non-swim schools.
Friday (All vehicles must arrive at Northern High School after 3:15 PM)
- 4 PM to 5:15 PM: Three 25-minute warm-up periods (time/lane assignments will be established after entries are submitted, based on entry count). There will also be additional warm-up/cool down periods during the meet.
- Final Friday Scratches and Meet Program: In lieu of a “Scratch Meeting”, we will be conducting final “on deck scratching” during warm up period. Upon arrival, coaches will be provided a report with their entries. All final scratches should be marked on the report and presented to the Officials Table no later than 4:30 PM. Once all final scratches for Friday are received, the seeding will be completed and the final Friday Meet Program will be printed and posted on Meet Mobile.
- 5:15 PM to 5:25 PM: Time for additional sprints from the blocks.
- 5:30 PM: Meet begins (200 Medley Relay, 200 Free, 200 IM, 50 Free, Awards and Cool Down)
- 8 AM to 9:40 AM: Four 25-minute warm-up periods (time/lane assignments will be established after entries are submitted, based on entry count). There will also be additional warm-up/cool down periods during the meet.
- Final Saturday Scratches and Meet Program: In lieu of a “Scratch Meeting”, we will be conducting final “on deck scratching” during warm up period. Upon arrival, coaches will be provided a report with their entries. All final scratches should be marked on the report and presented to the Officials Table no later than 9 AM. Once all final scratches for Saturday are received, the seeding will be completed and the final Saturday Meet Program will be printed and posted on Meet Mobile.
- 9:40 AM to 9:55 AM: Time for additional sprints from the blocks.
- 10 AM: Meet begins (100 Fly, 200 Free Relay, 100 Free, Awards & Warm-up/Cool Down, 500 Free, 100 Back, Awards and Cool Down, 100 Breast, 400 Free Relay, Final Awards and Cool Down)
Bill Resser, Head Swimming Coach, Northern High School
Northern High School Swimming Pool is at 653 South Baltimore Street, Dillsburg, Pennsylvania. Please plan to use the Gym/Auditorium entrance on the right side of the complex.
All vehicles must arrive at Northern High School after 3:15 PM on Friday.
The pool has 6 lanes with NEW Swim Innovations Wedge Block Tops, Colorado Timing System 6 Automatic Timing System and Meet Manager 6.0 Software.
ADMISSION FEE -- Spectator admission to the meet is $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students which includes a Meet Program (heat sheet). Coaches and swimmers are admitted for free and will receive a free Meet Program for each coach and some for swimmers. Final meet entries and results will be posted to Meet Mobile.
FOOD & DRINK -- There will be a concession stand available throughout the meet. Tables will be available in the lobby for you to enjoy the food. Please do NOT bring any food or drink (other than water and Gatorade) into the pool area.
COOKING APPLIANCES -- No one is permitted to plug into the electrical outlets any type of cooking appliance. This is for safety reasons.
SWIMMING MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE -- There will be a vendor at the meet selling suits, t-shirts and other swimming merchandise.
ATTIRE -- When a swimmer is outside the pool area in the hallways or lobby, gym, or cafeteria, they must wear something on the top of their body and on their feet.
TEAM AREAS -- The Natatorium pool deck (limited space) and the Main Gym adjacent to the pool will be used as team areas for swimmers during the meet. It is the responsibility of each swimmer to insure they are behind the blocks for the start of their heat. There will not be a seeding process area, however, an audio message will be broadcast into the Main Gym throughout the meet with event status. There will be limited lockers available in the swimming pool locker rooms, so swimmers should plan accordingly.
ORDER OF EVENTS
- 200 Medley Relay (Girls #1, Boys #2)
- 200 Yard Freestyle (Girls #3, Boys #4)
- 200 Yard Individual Medley (Girls #5, Boys #6)
- 50 Yard Freestyle (Girls #7, Boys #8)
- Awards and Cool down
- 100 Yard Butterfly (Girls #9, Boys #10)
- 200 Yard Freestyle Relay (Girls #11, Boys #12)
- 100 Yard Freestyle (Girls #13, Boys #14)
- Awards and Warm-up/Cool down Break
- 500 Yard Freestyle (Girls #15, Boys #16)
- 100 Yard Backstroke (Girls #17, Boys #18)
- Awards and Warm-up/Cool down Break
- 100 Yard Breaststroke (Girls #19, Boys #20)
- 400 Freestyle Relay (Girls #21, Boys #22)
- Final Awards and Cool Down
Mid Penn Plunge medals will be awarded to the top six finishers in each individual event and relays.
The results of the meet will be posted on the Mid Penn Swimming web site at www.midpennchamp.com
All participating schools will be entitled to unlimited individual entries in events. Each school is limited to a maximum of two relay entries in each relay event. Individuals are permitted to enter a maximum of four events, no more that two of which may be individual events. A swimmer from a swim school may swim in either the Mid Penn Championships or the Mid Penn Plunge, but not both.
Times achieved in the Plunge meet will be official PIAA times for District entry purposes.
All National Federation of State High School Associations Swimming and Diving rules apply as modified by the PIAA. Certified PIAA officials will conduct the meet.